Thursday, August 12, 2010

I've been very quiet recently ..

having daughters on leave and home from university really cuts down the making time. I have however finished the sashing on DD's quilt and its ready to be basted on its batting.

This was when it was a few squares short and gives the general idea -



We are off away for a couple of weeks so this will get done in September (her birthday is August but she is away as well so I get away with the delay)

I have rag rug to make whilst away, I'm finding that I can't sit without something to create. My best friends daughter starts senior school this September so I have embroidered her name on all the appropriate uniform which filled 7 hours. It was really fun and I made such a better job of it than when I did it for my daughters. I've finished the hand quilting and so now a new blade has arrived for my rotary cutter I can get that squared up and bound. I think I shall call September binding month.

Hope you are all enjoying the summer. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment