Saturday, April 22, 2017

Little card

I got a linocut set instead of an Easter egg (I'm limiting chocolate at the moment). As it's our anniversary today it only seemed right that my first piece should be for a card. It was fun to carve and ink and print

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hat Pins

I have been super busy crafting but it's all top secret. These however I can share, made a few hat pins, the three lilac ones are for the MOB (mother of the bride - me!) The others are for any other guests who need one if it's a windy day.

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Doodle Cloth has a home

Our wedding album's cover was getting pretty tatty. I have covered it with William Morris paper but that's not very durable so I decided to do a fabric cover. Its quilted so should protect it a bit too. I can live with the album of our DD's wedding and not look to shabby against her beautiful pristine album and quilted storage bag.

I might even go mad and get the calligraphy pen out and fill out the front page, only 30+ years late! 

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

GBSB challenge - 1 hours 30 mins in

The darts are sewn and just getting ready to topstitch the next facings. I'm thinking it'll be sewn in another hour or so.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Jeans cover

To hide a plastic but useful unit I have by my bed. The jeans took a bit of mangling to get in the right position.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Day 1 - Cutting Out, 35 minutes

All cut out, took a little longer as it's a border pattern. I also wanted the sleeves to have the same flowers on it.